At some point in life, every person has gotten themselves in a bad habit of eating sweets, candies, and gummies, all to feel the pleasure of sugary, chewy delights. Well, having a sweet tooth is not a bad habit, but ONLY if it doesn’t turn into an unhealthy addiction. Even if you try to stop yourself, you will start craving candy even more. A simple rule of temptation!
If you are also having a love affair with candies but can’t afford to put your health at risk, it is time to switch to the “SmartSweets” that claims to have less sugar, fewer carbs, plant-based clean ingredients, and no alcohol, making it a good choice. Considering these low-sugar snacks, you can change the vision of candies being unhealthy.
Now, you can fulfill your sweet cravings while keeping it healthier and without sacrificing taste with SmartSweets!
Are you thinking, “where to buy the Smart Sweets candy?”, then your answer is ANYWHERE! It is available in more than 20,000 stores all across the USA & Canada. Besides, you can order online. But, wait…Don’t take it for any cheap gummies because they are costly. Probably, being healthy is never going to be cheap.
What exactly are Smart Sweets? – A Little Introduction
Founded by 22-year-old young Tara Bosch, Smart Sweets is a Canadian brand famous for making low-sugar gummies that can keep your sugar under check but also let you relish the unbelievable sugariness. With Smart Sweets, eating healthy sugar has become so much easier. Yes, it is Weight Watchers approved, and don’t worry, despite being low-sugar, these candies are to die for their quality and a variety of flavors.
If you are also looking for a feasible yet delicious way to cut your calories without cutting your sugar, this is it. As Tara believes, she has made her candies 79-92% less in sugar than traditional candies by staying away from adding artificial sweeteners and added sugars.
Made with natural ingredients, it is non-GMO. Organic and never artificial!
If you are not interested in plant-based eatables, you can opt for other options, as she used to make non-plant-based gummies till 2018.
What makes it so different?
- All gummies are free of artificial sweetener or sugar, and colors giving no weird taste
- The reason for the vibrant colors of their candies is the use of natural flavors & colors extracted from fruit and vegetable
- Every ingredient is natural, clean, and of the finest quality, making them non-GMO
- Made without any preservatives or additives, you can save the Smart Sweets candy up to 1-year (shelf-stable) if the seal of the bag is not broken
- Candies are full of soluble plant-based fibers making them a healthier choice by contributing to your daily fiber intake
- No sugar alcohols mean the net carbs are in much lower quantity than total carbs count written on the label
- Candy for the people who have allergies as it is free from dairy, gluten, and nuts (all possible allergens)
- smart sweets Red twists are kosher u certified whereas lollipops are kof-k parve certified, but fruity gummy bears and gummy worms are not kosher
- A natural renewable resource called “Carnauba wax” is used for coating gummy bears
How Do They Look, Feel, And Taste?
Talking about the texture, it looks pretty fine as the quality ingredients are used. Comparatively, it feels firmer and chewier because of no alcohol and high fiber content. For some, the texture might not be amusing enough. But, it can be compensated with its yummilicious taste and flavorful aroma. They offer a perfect blend of sweetness and tanginess. If you are choosing the sour flavor, it will get really tart.
The problem is, no matter what version you pick (apple, raspberry, lemon, peach), the flavors are the same. You might feel a subtle change of flavors if you are stevia-sensitive.
Are Smart Sweets safe for those with peanut/tree nut allergies?
Yes! They are safe to consume. Like we said earlier, they don’t have any single allergen in their recipe. Besides, they claim to use allergen-free facilities to manufacture and cook, pack and ship their bags. Till now, no serious case of allergies has been related to Smart Sweets. Every flavor is free of:
- Peanuts and tree nuts/nut oils
- Sesame seeds
Are Smart Sweets Keto-friendly?
Are you following or planning to follow a strict diet? Say no to Smart sweets, even if they claim they are keto-friendly!
NO doubt, they are the minimum carbohydrates in Smart Sweet by keeping the net carbs as low as realistically possible. But at the same time, flavors such as smart sweets peach rings have certain ingredients, including rice flour and tapioca byproducts, and other isomalto-oligosaccharides that cannot be consumed during a keto diet plan.
Are SmartSweets suitable for diabetic patients?
Although it has 92% lesser sugar content, higher fiber, no sugar alcohols, and artificial sweeteners, all gummies, irrespective of their flavor, still increase your blood sugar, making it absolutely not diabetic-friendly.
The best Smart Sweets flavor based on the taste
- Sweet Fish
- Peach Rings
- Sour Gummy Bears
- Gummy Bears