Do you know, there is actually not big but a bit of the evident difference between curly and wavy hair?
In general hairstyling, we always confuse wavy with curly. Well, you must know, the WAVY hair itself is a whole different type of hair that comes with its name. And, yes, having wavy hair feels like being blessed to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds. Where having naturally wavy hair looks like a bonus, it might be a big problem in certain weathers particularly summertime when they get extra curly with humidity.
What is Type 2A Hair?
If we go into depth, you will get to know that there are three categories of wavy hair. This big category of “Type 2” falls somewhere “in-between” hair type. Depending on the pattern of the curls, there are:
- Type 2A – Fine and thin hair in a loose S pattern giving a wobbly look
- Type 2B – Hair of medium thickness but in a more defined S shape and appears frizzy
- Type 2C – Coarse and thick hair giving S pattern visible to the naked eye, we can say almost curly
Out of all, the most difficult hair type to manage, carry and style is Type 2C. But here comes the best part: It never gets excessively oily or dry!
Now, today we are going to focus on Type 2A, which features slight S-shape bends. It might be better explained as a hair type that lies in between too curly and very straight strands. Having Type 2A curly hair demands no extra care for maintenance and looks extremely manageable. Well, it will fail to give you the desired volume.
As hair tends to be thin, the voluminous curls are not the thing for people with Type 2A hair. You might be needing a bulk of hair styling products to make it look more dimensional and heavier. But, if you are not into much of the styling products, you can flaunt it anyways because it looks naturally styled and tousled. All it needs is sufficient care, so it will work with minimal styling.
Make your focus on controlling your frizz, so you don’t have to get so fluffy and limp-styled hair. The best way to make your Type 2A hair look less frizzy, more settled, perfectly curled, and voluminous is to cut them short. It will add a splash of extra likable texture to your natural waves.
Brushes For 2A Type Hair
Very first thing you must do is to understand your hair type and the second most important thing is to…buy a brush that will suit your hair texture and make your hair styling easier.
When it comes to Type 2A hair, the choice of the brush can either make your day or make it a bad hair day. Remember, the frizz needs to be controlled because wavy hair is more prone to get fluffy looking a disheveled look. From detangling it with a high-quality brush, you can give yourself a sharp and neat look. While choosing a brush look, you must keep in mind that you need a brush for:
- Building volume
- Reducing frizz
- Detangling hair
- Refining the texture
- Preventing awkward flyaways
As far as the brushes are concerned, you must have the following in your dressing closet:
- Detangling brush – For removing tangles and knots
- Wide-toothed comb – Will not flatten out the natural waves and cause no frizz.
- Vented ceramic brush – Help increase hair volume
- Vented round brush – Help distribute hot air while blow drying
Way to Take Care of and style Type 2A Hair
- Invest in frizz-control products and if you can find leave-in items, it will be best. Because these products will definitely cater to the needs for wavy hair.
- Remember, it needs extra hydration. It means you must avoid using products made for straight hair. Prefer buying hairstyling and hair care items that are particularly formulated for wavy hair.
- Use high-quality volumizers but don’t use them too often
- Add moisturizing hair masks in your hair care routine for proper hydration, cleansing, and conditioning
- Oiling hair is a good practice, at least once a week. If you can do it twice, it will be amazing for hair growth and nourishment. The best options to use are coconut oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil. But, never overdo it. Keep oil in your hair for not more than an hour or two.
- Skip using heat styling tools, such as straighteners or your hair will get damaged. Let it bounce naturally!
- If you want to weigh down wavy tresses without damaging your hair always use light hair products including foams, mousses, and serums
- To keep the frizz and split ends under control, you better be trimming your hair after a short while, now and then
- If you want to buy a curling iron for refining your waves, you better buy a 1.5-inch curling iron
- Don’t forget to put a heat protectant before using any styling tool
- For enhancing your waves, you can try tying your hair in braids to leave it overnight. The rule to remember is: The tighter the braids, the wavier your hair will be.
- You can use dry shampoo, too, as wavy hair can get oily from the roots at times. Dry shampoo can help reduce superfluous sebum.
- To reduce the damaging effects of concentrated hot air, always use a diffuser with a blow dryer
- A preferable option to dry your wet hair is a soft cotton towel, not a terry cloth towel. Besides, never rub hard, always pat dry
Best items to buy for 2A Type Hair
See how to get the most out of your wavy hair with 2a hair products
Briogeo Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo
- Gentle for scalp/skin
- Power of fruit and vegetable fatty acids
- Vitamins rich
- Minerals for enriching dull hair
- Supports healthy hair growth
- Gives unique shine
Shea & Coconut Oil Deep Moisture Hair Masque
- A rich and creamy blend of Shea Butter & Coconut Oil
- Highly nutritive
- To get silky, shiny, and seductive hair
- Maximum moisturizing power
- Damage repairs caused by heat styling tools
- Damage control for all hair types
- Hydrates hair
- No Parabens
Curly Hair Solutions – Curl Keeper GEL
- Frizz control
- Lasts all-day
- Ultimate holding power without flakiness or crispiness
- Water-based unique formula
- Light-weight to hold curls in place
- Silicon free
- Reactivates when water applied
- Maintain the natural sheen and texture
- Highly suitable for all-weather conditions
Nature’s Protein Coconut Restore Coconut Cocktail Curl Mousse
- Best to tame 2a hair texture
- Deeply moisturizes the hair from roots to tips
- High-quality ingredients
- For a defined look with natural waves
- Makes hair soft and frizz-free
- Leaves no crunchy or flaky residue
- Protects brittle hair from breakage
- Adds a brilliant shine
- Supports all your styling needs