Are you a chef by profession or someone who loves cooking? Then you would already know the importance of the right cookware in terms of shape, size, quality, and material type. Talking about the kitchen tools, one thing is a must-have: WOK, either made of iron or steel.
If you belong to Asian culture or looking to invest in durable cookware, you must go for the carbon steel wok. It is perfect for those who crave scrumptious Asian cuisines. With a strong recommendation, the best carbon steel woks serve the purpose of cooking every item perfectly in the way you prefer.
Is carbon steel wok toxic?
One of the most frequently asked questions, particularly by the professionals who prefer healthy eating. And the answer is NO!
Carbon steel wok is not toxic as these are designed to tolerate higher heating temperatures than other materials. Even under extreme temperatures, it does not release any toxic materials that could poison the food. That is why it is pretty much safe to use for cooking any cuisine.
Why should you choose carbon steel wok?
- If you want something that will work for a longer time without needing you to spend hundreds of dollars, carbon steel wok must be your pick. It is found to be comparatively cheaper without any difference in quality. Being an affordable item, it lets you cook your desired Asian recipe without emptying your pockets.
- It is made for withstanding higher temperatures ensuring safer cooking. Even after crossing a 500-degree temperature, it won’t give any fumes, odor, or signs of breakdown.
- One of the primary reasons is its non-stick construction. It promotes healthy cooking by letting you use less and less oil, butter, or any unhealthy fat.
- It is not only affordable and healthy to use but also shows maximum durability. Consider it a smart investment because once you have bought it, you don’t have to replace it for years only if taken proper care.
Best carbon steel woks to buy in 2021
If you are serious about buying a carbon steel wok, you will come across various options. Usually, you can find the woks made in rounded bottoms and rounded edges, giving a very smooth, circular look. For those who don’t know, it is made round, so heat is distributed equally. Complemented with stylish lids, the construction tends to have long handles to offer easy and safe stirring.
Here are your best choices to buy from!
Blue Carbon Steel Wok
Seems to work best for professional as well as home kitchens
- Flat bottom
- A comfortable handle
- Appropriately sized
- Incredible heat control and retention
- Seasons quicker than cast iron
- Thicker-than-average metal
- Oven-safe up to 1,200ºF
Awarded the “Best Heavy Duty Wok” by Good Housekeeping, you cannot ignore its premium style, hard-wearing construction, and feasibility of cooking it provides to every chef. It is best suited for dishes that require sharp seasoning. Being a versatile product, you can use it for stir-frying, braising, steaming, and deep-frying. It has thicker metal that can tolerate roaring heat.
Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Wok
Arguably one of the best carbon steel woks there is!
- Commercial-grade carbon steel
- Round bottom
- Non-slip, ergonomic wooden handle
- Helper handle included
- Easier to season
- Even heat distribution
This wok comes in handy and restaurant-grade quality construction that has a handle offering firm grip and won’t burn on getting direct contact with heat. Made in China, it is made of premium quality carbon steel, ensuring the use of years to come. With a non-stick surface, it guarantees mess-free cooking. Unlike other woks, it can be seasoned pretty effortlessly.
If left wet after washing, it will get rusted (not rust-resistant)
Not suitable for flat electric or flat induction stove
Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok
This wok is the proven choice of many professional chefs.
- Exceptional fish scale shape
- Riveted handle
- Comes with a glass lid
- Non-stick surface
- Distribute heat evenly
- Suitable for heavy-duty use
- Will not oxidize with time or excessive use
It is also one of the most durable woks available in the market. But the unique aspect is its fish scale shape. No more food sticking to the pan! Glass lid lets you have a view of the dish while cooking. It is designed for equal heat distribution even on low flames. This wok is also made easy to clean.
Its handle provides you with a secure grip. The use of high-quality and temperature-tolerant material ensures that no damaging chemicals will leak into your food.
Carbon Steel Wok
Providing a safe & comfortable cooking experience
- Heavy-gauge carbon steel construction
- Black round-shape wooden grips and loop
- Quick heat transfer
- Gorgeous wooden lid
- Stainless steel spatula
- Best suited for an electric stove
Reducing the likelihood of food sticking, it is made for a mess-free experience. Besides, it comes in a heavy and sturdy body, ensuring long-time use. The wooden handles are efficient and look equally appealing. Harmonizing the hardness and beauty of the pan, the wok inside has a good depth letting it transfer the heat faster.
It works on electric and induction stoves as well as gas ranges. The handle is made safe, offering a comfortable grip.
Hammond Carbon Steel Wok
Sustain super high temperatures without damage- perfect for wok cooking!
- Flat bottom
- Non-stick interior
- Double-riveted acacia wood handle
- Suitable for all stovetops
- Resistant to heat as high as 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Quick heat-up time
- Even heat distribution
Ideal carbon steel wok for stir fry, deep fry, and steam!
The essential appeal is its affordability. Constructed with carefully chosen heavy-gauge carbon steel, you can expect it to be a reliable option. With the ability to retain and distribute heat equally, it lets you cook delicious cuisines in no time. The handles are made sturdy and offer firm design, non-slip grip, ergonomic style, and heat-resistant feature. It guarantees to deliver toxic-free cooking with no chemical leaching.
Not allowed to use metal utensils or else the non-stick coating will get ruined
Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok
Its unique design with a wide top and narrow bottom enables you to fry food with minimum fat.
- Sturdy flat bottom
- Non-stick steel dome lid
- 12-inch birch-wood stay-cool handle
- 1.5-millimeter gauge carbon steel construction
- Compatible with virtually all-electric stoves
- Fast and even heating
- Requires seasoning before use
- Hand washed
The best part? It’s conventional wok-manufacturing! Its ability to distribute the heat quickly lets you cook the foods pretty evenly. It comes with a wooden helper handle making your cooking time easier with its firm and secure grip. The wooden knobs are designed to stay cool even at high temperatures for easy stirring. It seems perfect for both gas and electric stoves.